Recovering Damages in a Premises Liability Case
If you or a loved one have been injured on someone else’s property, the Charpentier Law Firm, P.A. can hold all negligent parties responsible while you focus on a full recovery. Premises liability lawyer Stephen G. Charpentier has offices in Cocoa, Titusville, and Melbourne, FL. He can explore your options with you and develop a strategy to collect maximum compensation. Book a free case review by calling (321) 308-8020 or sending us a message online.
What is Premises Liability?
Property owners are required to maintain their premises in a safe manner. When a guest suffers an injury while on the property of another, the legal concept of premises liability comes into play. This extends to private parties as well as business locations, and allows victims to recover the costs of medical care and other damages.
There are a wide variety of accidents that can occur when property owners are negligent, including:
- Slip and fall: Wet or uneven pavement or flooring creates a hazardous condition, making the chances of a slip and fall high. Shoppers may fall in a retail store if a spill is not promptly cleaned, or on a cracked sidewalk or icy parking lot. In each of these instances the property owner is responsible for the condition of the walking surface and can be made to compensate a victim for injuries suffered during a slip and fall.
- Animal attacks: Pet owners are liable for damage done by any animal kept on the property to guests as well as third parties simply passing by the property.
- Gas explosions: Property owners must maintain their property in a way that does not expose visitors to dangerous gasses, or any danger of being involved in a chemical explosion. The same is true for toxins and fumes. An owner can be held responsible for the damage done when these hazardous substances are inhaled.
- Assault: Failure to adequately secure an area where an attack takes place may make a property owner liable for injuries suffered. Parking lots should be well lit and other precautions, such as security guards, should be taken to ensure a safe environment.
- Faulty machinery: It is the duty of the property owner to keep machinery in good working order so an accident does not occur. This especially applies to amusement parks and other businesses in which visitors are in close proximity to machinery.
If you have been injured on someone else's property, we can help establish liability and pursue the appropriate amount of damages.
Establishing the facts necessary for a claim is much easier with an attorney in your corner. Stephen G. Charpentier is ready to help you collect.
Types of Premises Liability Injuries
Some of the most common premises liability injuries are:
Determining who is at fault in a premises liability case can be complex. Proof of the injury is required, along with demonstrating that the property owner owed a duty to the victim and that duty was breached. Establishing the facts necessary for a claim is much easier with an attorney in your corner. Stephen G. Charpentier is ready to help you collect.
Call us Today
If you have been hurt on someone else's property, contact us today. You may contact us online or call us at (321) 308-8020.
Since 1981, Stephen G. Charpentier has been protecting victims' rights. Mr. Charpentier:
- Is a recipient of an AV rating, the Martindale-Hubbel® National Law Directory's highest honor
- Earned Florida Legal Elite status in 2010
- Handles cases in many practice areas including medical malpractice, auto accidents, and wrongful death
WE HAVE A HISTORY OF SUCCESS
IN BREVARD COUNTY
Over the past 40-plus years of helping Brevard County's injured and mistreated, our firm has obtained some $65 million in recoveries on behalf of our clients, highlighted by an $8 million product liability award in 2001.
The team at Charpentier Law Firm has the negotiation skills to reach favorable settlements in many cases, but also has the experience and perseverance to try a case to verdict whenever it is in the best interests of our clients. Our history of success illustrates our dedication to our clients and their pursuit of justice. Our personal injury attorneys in Melbourne, Titusville, and Cocoa are proud to offer superior legal representation to victims and their families throughout Brevard County and Central Florida.