The legal team at the Charpentier Law Firm has assisted countless clients throughout Central Florida. Our lawyers know the damage that can be done in major motor vehicle accidents. Because of this, our attorneys take all auto accidents seriously, seeking compensation for injury and losses of various kinds.
Broken and fractured bones are common following auto accidents. We'd like to look at these kinds of injuries in a bit more detail right now.
The Likelihood of Fractured/Broken Bones Following an Auto Accident
Fractures and broken bones are likely during auto accidents given the amount of force that is generated when cars collide. The types of injury can vary depending on the seriousness of the accident and the position of the vehicle(s) when the accident occurred.
The least serious kind of fracture is known as a stress or hairline fracture, which involves a small crack on the bone. The most serious kind of bone injury is a compound fracture, in which a bone breaks and also pokes through the skin.
Common Bone Injuries from Auto Accidents
Some of the following bone injuries may occur as a result of an auto accident:
- Injuries to the Face and Cranium - Trauma to the head can lead to major injuries to the skull
- Injuries to the Ribs - The amount of stress placed on the body during a collision may result in broken or fractured ribs
- Injuries to the Arms and Legs - The arms, legs, wrists, hands, and ankles may break or become injured depending on the position of the body as the vehicle crashes
- Injuries to the Clavicle - A seat belt can save your life, but the force may be so great during a crash that the belt injures your clavicle in the process
- Injuries to the Pelvic Area - Major collisions can cause serious trauma to the pelvis and hips
- Injuries to the Spine - Some serious auto accidents can cause the vertebrae to become chipped or cracked in some fashion
Recovery May Take a Long Time
If you suffer serious compound fractures, your overall recovery may take a long time. This depends a great deal on the nature of the bone injury and which bones are affected. For serious breaks, metal plates or bone grafting techniques may be required to address the damage done. Sometimes the injuries are so severe that a patient's mobility is affected for the rest of his or her life.
Compensation for Medical Bills and Physical Rehabilitation
When our legal team fights for you, we will seek compensation to cover the cost of medical care as well as any physical therapy required. Emergency medical treatment can cost a great deal, as can the surgeries required to address your injuries and the rehabilitation required to facilitate recovery. We will also look into obtaining compensation if you undergo reconstructive surgery to address major disfigurement sustained during your accident.
Compensation for Lost Wages and/or Earning Potential
Lives can be changed forever following a motor vehicle collision, and it may mean major changes to your job prospects and earning potential. We will help you recover any wages that were lost and also address issues with future employment should they arise. The negligent party should be held accountable for causing such substantial changes to your life and livelihood.
Speak with Our Personal Injury Attorneys About Your Case
For more information about all of your legal options following a serious motor vehicle collision, it's important that you contact our personal injury law firm today. The entire team at the Charpentier Law Firm looks forward to your visit and helping you achieve just compensation for losses and injuries.