Heater Ignites Fire in Mims Homes
Florida Today-January 6, 2012-Norman Moody-According to the article Brevard County Fire investigators determined that a fire that destroyed two mobile homes in Mims, Brevard County, Florida was caused by a malfunctioning furnace. The fire broke out around 1:55 a.m. on 4th Avenue in Northgate Mobile Ranch and Travel Park in Mims, Brevard County, Florida. The article goes on to say that both homes had smoke alarms, but batteries were dead in all of them.
One of the home owners, who was not insured, stated he had trouble lighting the pilot light earlier that day. He awoke to find the pilot light out. After he relights the pilot light, he started watching some TV. Shortly after that he noticed the home filling with smoke. The man quickly turned off the propane that fed the furnace. He attempted to extinguish the fire himself with a garden hose, but was unsuccessful. The home owner was able to call 911 from a neighbors house.
According to the article the fire began to spread to an adjacent mobile home. The pair ran to the home to alert the neighbor. Luckily, the woman and her dog escaped safely.
For more information on Premise Liability Click Here: http://www.brevardlawyer.com/html/premise.html