According to an article in AARP Bulletin (June 2010, Vol. 51 #5) when nursing home residents consider living on their own, experts ask the following questions:
1. Do you want to live independently?
2. Are you able to live independently?
3. Can you afford to live independently?
4. Is in-home care available?
5. Is appropriate housing available?
6. Does the home have everything you need?
7. Does the community offer necessary medical services?
8. Do you have the necessary skills to care for yourself?
9. Is transportation available?
10. Is social support available?
According to Arlene Johnson a woman who actually accomplished this feet, "you do get frustrated at times. You pray a lot,""you have to be patient. But you also have to be very, very determined."
For more information on Nursing Home Click Here: http://www.brevardlawyer.com/html/nursing-home-abuse.html