Andy Goldfine's Six Tips for Using Your Bike for Everyday Transportation
(American Motorcyclist, April 2008)
Rider Ware-House's Andy Goldfine has a number of tips for using your bike for everyday transportation. Six of them are as follows:
- Have a routine. Make it easy to choose the right gear for the right weather.
- Be safe. Be selective and seek out a safe route of travel.
- Be secure. Be careful where you park your motorcycle. Try to create a "well populated motorcycle parking area."
- Consider your motorcycle. Select the right bike for commuting.
- Choose the right bike. According to Mr. Goldfine, his bias is to select a bike that is better at commuting and then deal with the shortcomings,
- Remember the upsides. While riding a motorcycle "all of your senses have been engaged" that helps you feel better about yourself and your day.
Now go out and enjoy that motorcycle