When motorcycle accidents occur, riders can face devastating injuries because they are more vulnerable and exposed to blows and falls. Injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents often require long-term medical care that can result in extensive financial losses. The attorneys at the Charpentier Law Firm are highly skilled and committed to obtaining fair compensation for motorcycle accident victims. If you need a motorcycle injuries lawyer in the Melbourne area, please contact our office.
Types of Motorcycle Injuries
Some of the most common types of injuries that result from motorcycle accidents involve the head and neck areas; these injuries can leave victims paralyzed or in a persistent vegetative state. Unfortunately, motorcycle accident injuries often result in medical costs, lost wages, and emotional distress. Serious injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents can include:
- Road Rash - Road rash refers to painful skin abrasions and scrapes that occur when the rider comes into contact with asphalt. Riders may sustain road rash even when wearing thick protective clothing. These injuries are typically minor, but can be extremely painful and may become infected without proper care.
- Lacerations - A laceration, or deep cut, can result from a motorcycle accident, and can range from minor to serious, depending on the location and depth of the laceration.
- Bone Fractures - Bone fractures are common; they may occur after a rider is thrown off the motorcycle or hit by another vehicle. Broken limbs usually require a protective cast and extended medical care.
- Disfigurement - Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can result in disfigurement and the amputation of limbs. In addition to making work duties more difficult to perform, disfigurement can be emotionally traumatic and cause or exacerbate mood disorders.
- Internal Injury - Motorcycle accident victims may incur serious internal injury, such as internal bleeding or a punctured organ. Timely diagnosis and treatment is critical to the patient's health.
- Chronic Pain - Those who have been in motorcycle accidents may experience chronic pain. This can affect a person's quality of life and ability to perform routine tasks.
- Spinal Cord Injury - Damage to the spinal cord is often permanent. These injuries can result in full or partial paralysis, and victims may require full or part time professional care.
- Traumatic Brain Injury - Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can affect the victim's personality, cognitive abilities, and motor skills. A majority of traumatic brain injury victims are unable to work and require full-time care.
- Death - Unfortunately, many motorcycle accidents leave riders with injuries that are fatal. Families can be left devastated by the wrongful death of a loved one.
Our attorneys are experienced in fighting for the victim's rights in motorcycle accidents. We know how to evaluate all of the documentation in your case to find liability and hold the appropriate parties responsible.
Contact a Motorcycle Attorney
If you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident and sustained serious injuries, please contact our office to schedule a meeting with one of our attorneys. We will review your case and provide trusted legal guidance at each stage following your accident.